Monday, September 29, 2008

Fruit Bearer

Bible Readings... John 15
Highlighted Verse... John 15:8 - This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
Thoughts... From the Good News Translation it reads: "My Father's glory is shown by your bearing much fruit; and in this way you become my disciples." Upon examination these are essentially the same, but the Good News version seems to make the intent a little clearer to me. In fact, it may be a little too clear. If we wish to glorify the Father and become Jesus' disciple, we must bear fruit.
How it impressed me... I don't read this as a salvation issue, but rather as one of fulfilling the plan God has annointed for us... rising to the expectaions that Jesus has for us... being one with Jesus... one with the Father. What fruit will we bear today?
My response to God... Glorious Father, Master of everything, I desire to bear fruit to your glory, I desire to be a disciple of Jesus, help me to bear fruit at work, in the community, at home and in your house that you might be glorified and others might know you.

No comments: