Sunday, October 5, 2008

What next

Bible Readings... John 21
Highlighted Verse... John 21:3 I'm going out to fish!
Thoughts... The apostles were hanging out, probably feeling sorry for themselves, stuck in the upper room with nothing to do, a little scared, when Peter decides that he's bored and wants to do something. He decides to go fishing and six other apostles go with him. Peter thought he would revert to what he knew best, but Jesus had other ideas. Jesus needed to restart Peter's ministry so that Peter could fish for bigger prey.
How it impressed me... When God lays out a purpose for us, he lays the groundwork, gets us started, and walks with us each step of the way. When we detour down a different path or revert to our old ways Jesus tries to put us back on track. He will go to great lengths to keep us focused to the task at hand. He has a larger goal that we may not see and he greatly desires that we participate. 
My response to God... Father God, when I stray off the path seeking my own purposes... bring me back to your purposes and keep me going. Help me to see your grand plan. 

No comments: