Monday, October 6, 2008

The Glorious Plan

Bible Readings... Acts 1
Highlighted Verse... Acts 1:4-6 - On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit." So when they met together, they asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?"
Thoughts... After all they've seen, heard, and experienced, the apostles still don't get it. They now recognize Jesus as the promised Messiah, but don't know what that really means. Their sights are still on the Romans, instead of the whole universe and everything in it.
How it impressed me... Sitting in my Laz-Z-Boy recliner 2000 years later I can smugly see what the apostles missed... or can I? How often do I fail to see God's broader plans, or substitute my vision for his? Do I even fully understand Jesus' mission to planet earth? More questions than answers...
My response to God... Mighty God, you've laid out your plans for us to see, but I just keep missing it. Open my eyes wider, my mind broader and my heart wider that I can fully grasp your glorious plan from creation through redemption to glory.

No comments: