Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Meeting Needs

Bible Readings... Acts 2
Highlighted Verse... Acts 2:39 - The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.
Thoughts... I wonder if Peter realized the full extent of his prophetic teaching. His words that salvation was available for all whom the Lord will call precedes his later vision that salvation was available to the Gentile as well as the Jew. Jesus had taught them similar lessons before in his treatment of Samaritans, as well as his words that the one who obeys him; love him and would have everlasting life. Jesus had also told the apostles not to worry about what to say because the Holy Spirit would give them the words they needed. Once again we see Jesus meeting the apostles needs far ahead of their realization of the need.
How it impressed me... If I have learned one thing lately, it is that if the apostles were blind to something, I probably am too... so I have to assume that even now, Jesus is meeting needs in my life that I do not yet realize I have.
My response to God... Almighty God, your ways are mysterious to me, but I trust you and your ways. Mold me into the man you have purposed me to be. Sustain me through the trials that I may come out pure on the other side ready for your use.

No comments: