Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Smallest Details

Psalms 66-68

Our God is so great... he takes care of even the smallest details. In Psalm 68:6, David tells us that "God places the lonely in families." How horrible if it were not so, but God has so ordained the world that each is born into its own kind, that none should be lonely without others that care for them.

The essence of gratefulness is to acknowledge the small ways that another has made our lives better. Whether a spouse, or a child, a co-worker, or a stranger... we can acknowledge how the small kindness they have performed has made our life more complete. Too often I constrain my thankfulness to the mega-blessings... choosing to hold back my thanks unless the blessing is too big to miss when peering past the log in my eye. I fail in this so often, Lord help me to see with David's eyes the little things you and others have done for me. Thank you, precious savior.

No comments: