Thursday, June 3, 2010

America's Funniest Videos

Proverbs 1

Reading through verses 25 and 26, I was taken aback. "You ignored my advice... so I will laugh when you are in trouble!" After contemplating this for a while; however, I feel more comfortable with it. In fact, I realize we do this frequently. While I'm not sure the producers know it, the television show America's Funniest Videos could very well be based on this proverb. A large percentage of the videos submitted fall into the category of videos of people who ignore conventional wisdom and fall into calamity, and then the viewers laugh at the miscreants. While I can envision many of today's churchgoers saying that it is unchristian to laugh at others when misfortune comes their way, King Solomon clearly thought differently. If a fool chooses to ignore the wisdom of others, they are simply reaping what they sow when the truth is revealed.

No comments: