Sunday, November 30, 2008

Twisted Thinking

Bible Readings... Romans 3
Highlighted Verse... Romans 3:5 - “But,” some might say, “our sinfulness serves a good purpose, for it helps people see how righteous God is. Isn't it unfair, then, for him to punish us?”
Thoughts... How twisted does man have to become to conclude that we do God a favor by sinning so that other people can see how great he is? How insensitive does one have to be to not see the price that Christ paid for each one of our sins that we would so easily sin and dismiss the action? Who is this man that could do such a thing?
How it impressed me... I am that man. I sin without counting the cost. I expect God to simply forgive. Even if I have never voiced a statement that my sinfulness helps to show God's righteousness, I have been just as callous... just as casual with sin... forgetting the price of each act of disobedience.
My response to God... Merciful God, forgive me yet again. Help me to visualize the cost of every indiscretion... every intentional action that is contrary to your perfect will. Help me to follow you in lock step, setting aside my agenda for your greater plan.

No comments: