Thursday, November 6, 2008

In the End

Bible Readings... Acts 22-28
Highlighted Verse... Acts 28:26-27 - Go to this people and say, "You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving." For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.
Thoughts... Though Paul tried to the end to reach the people of his birth, he was generally ineffective. He was ineffective because his primary calling by the Lord was to the Gentiles. In Acts 9, the Lord instructs Ananias to go to Paul by saying...  "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name." Paul gave his life to spread the gospel to the Gentiles, their king Caesar, and the people of Israel. To the end, many of the people closed their ears and eyes and hearts... and yet he kept preaching.
How it impressed me... The whole of Paul's life as a bond servant of Christ as recorded in Acts serves as a example for those who would follow after God's will... from the listeners to the preachers.
My response to God... Lord, help me to set aside my desires and instead support your plan, your purpose for my life and seek you regardless of the cost.

No comments: