Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ministry to the Foolish

Bible Readings... Romans 1
Highlighted Verse... Romans 1:14 I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish.
Thoughts... Paul plays it straight up and lays it on the line... He doesn't have the choice to walk away from those to foolish to know that they need God -- he is OBLIGATED to minister to the foolish. If he is to fulfill Christ's purpose for him, he must take the Gospel message to the foolish. What about me?
How it impressed me... How many times have I walked away or skirted around or avoided ministering to the foolish because it wasn't worth my time? How are the unwise to become wise, if the wise won't teach them? How are those who don't understand to understand if those who do don't reach out to them? How busy am I that I can't take time to bring the Good News to someone who needs it?
My response to God... Merciful God, soften my heart to reach out to all who need your Word. Give me the words to bring understanding to those who lack. Complete my knowledge of you and instill in me a desire to obey you. 

No comments: