Sunday, November 16, 2008

Savings or Loan

Bible Readings... Romans 2
Highlighted Verse... Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.
Thoughts... Who would willingly "store up wrath" against their self? Who would show such contempt for the riches of God's kindness, tolerance and patience that they would risk his righteous judgement in exchange for the pleasure of judging their fellow man? Evidently... is it I.
How it impressed me... How often will I continue to fail and he continue to forgive? When God gives "to each person according to what he has done," what will I receive? His judgement... or his kindness, tolerance, and patience? I pray that his kindness is so rich, his tolerance so lenient, and his patience so forbearing that I may be spared the stored up wrath.
My response to God... Mighty God, have mercy on me, a sinner. 

No comments: