Saturday, January 9, 2010

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

Psalms 3-5

Sleeping... when it comes easy, we take it for granted, but let anxiety fill our lives and sleep evades... begetting more anxiety and less sleep. To this problem, the psalmist finds a solution. In Psalm 3:5-6, we read "I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the Lord was watching over me. I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies who surround me on every side." and in Psalm 4:8 "In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe."

When we rest in the Lord, in the arms of El-Shaddai, we can be assured that we are safe from all that would harm us... from all evil. No matter who or what is arrayed against us, he will protect. He is even the one who can save us from ourself if we will but follow him.

No comments: