Thursday, January 21, 2010

Egg Whites and Innocence

Job 5-6

How tasteless is the uncooked white of an egg! I have never experienced anything close to Job's suffering; however, it seems to me, that if I was in agony like Job, the blandness of raw egg whites would not be on my mind. Still... the synapses seem to connect in ways we would never intentionally arrange them. For example, where do dreams come from? How can anyone contemplate the mystery of the human mind and really think we were created by chance out of some cosmic primordial soup? But I digress like Job.

In a time of extreme need, Job's friends come to comfort him and wind up accusing him of unrighteousness. Seems they didn't get the message from Sunday's blog... "The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged." The message that God has for us is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. How often are my good intentions derailed by a wandering mind... by a desire to solve their problem rather than simply "being" with them.

No comments: