Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Commitment to Joy

Psalms 9-11

I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.
I will be filled with joy because of you.
I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.

Lately I've felt rumblings of conviction regarding joyfulness... little things, but not little. Walking from the parking lot into work the other day, I met a co-worker and we talked as we walked in. By the time we got to the office we had passed 4-5 other people going the other way... and everyone of them gave us a joyful good morning greeting... some while we were still a long way off. These are the same people that I've passed countless other mornings with nary a word, or at most a grrrrumph. What changed? What changed was that this morning I was walking with someone else. Those greetings were really for her... because she is joyful (and female on a military base). But it got me to thinking... inside I am usually happy and joyful, but does that make it to my outside?

Today, I will be filled with joy... and tomorrow and the next day and so on and so on.

No comments: