Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Privileged Position

Romans 1-2

One of the things I like about the New Living Translation is that it often words familiar passages in a way that is easier for me to process... a way that catches my attention... a way that convicts. The NLT translation of Romans 1:5 is a good example.
Through Christ, God has given us the privilege and authority as apostles to tell Gentiles everywhere what God has done for them, so that they will believe and obey him, bringing glory to his name.
We have been given the privilege and authority to evangelize... to tell people everywhere what God has done for them. When I read that this morning I felt convicted. Then, at church tonight, Mark started a new sermon series on Evangelism. God knows my heart so well. I shall listen.

No comments: