Saturday, May 29, 2010

This Dry and Weary Land

Psalms 63-65

When David was stretched to the limits, he sought after the one who had no limits... seeking him with his entire being.
O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water.
When despair overtakes us, where do we turn? To the creator of the universe who has the answers or to the secular experts of today who purport to have knowledge, but in reality have nothing more than opinions. This world looks to be more and more a dry and weary land. Like a mirage in the desert, today's culture promises an intellectual oasis but delivers dry rhetoric and empty promises. When I turn to God with all my heart, panting after him, I find rest.

No comments: