Thursday, April 22, 2010

Accountability Outline

Job 31-32

Reading through Job’s Final Protest of Innocence, it occurred to me that his character defense would form a good (scary!) outline for an accountability group...

  • Have I looked with lust at a young woman?
  • Have I lied to anyone or deceived anyone?
  • Have I strayed from his pathway?
  • Has my heart has lusted for what my eyes have seen?
  • Am I am guilty of any other sin?
  • Has my heart been seduced by a woman, have i lusted for my neighbor’s wife?
  • Have been unfair to my male or female servants?
  • Have I refused to help the poor, or crushed the hopes of widows?
  • Have I been stingy with my food and refused to share it with orphans?
  • Have I raised my hand against an orphan?
  • Have I put my trust in money or felt secure because of my gold?
  • Have I gloated about my wealth and all that I own?
  • Have I looked at the sun shining in the skies, or the moon walking down its silver pathway, and been secretly enticed in my heart to throw kisses at them in worship?
  • Have I ever rejoiced when disaster struck my enemies, or become excited when harm came their way?
  • Have I let others go hungry?
  • Have I never turned away a stranger?
  • Have I opened my doors to everyone?
  • Have I tried to hide my sins like other people do, concealing my guilt in my heart?
  • Have I feared the crowd or the contempt of the masses, so that I kept quiet and stayed indoors?
Lead me down your paths Lord, that I may stand with Job and declare that I would be pure enough to sign my name to my defense and stand ready to appear before you for judgement. Thank you for the atonement provided by your son, that I can come before your throne with confidence, not because of my righteousness, but because of his sacrifice.

No comments: