Saturday, July 10, 2010

An Unknown Voice

Psalms 81-83

Imagine the feeling of hearing an unknown voice say "Now I will take the load from your shoulders; I will free your hands from their heavy tasks. You cried to me in trouble, and I saved you." Once saved by the unknown voice I would want to know more about this one who saw my troubles and lifted my burden, and saved me. Having learned that the voice was the one who created the heavens and the earth... and that he cared about my personal problems, I'd want to get closer to him... to never let him go. I'd tell my children about him and my grandchildren and any who would listen. I would never pursue other gods... until I did. God is so full of patient loving kindness. I do not deserve the blessings he has rained on me and the burdens he has lifted, but praise God that he has.

No comments: