Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Enemies of the Cross

Philippians 3-4

Paul wrote to his friends in Philippi... "For I have told you often before, and I say it again with tears in my eyes, that there are many whose conduct shows they are really enemies of the cross of Christ." If today's enemies are anything like the enemies in Paul's day, they exist both within and outside the walls of the church. Sadly, many of the enemies of Christ may even think they are friends of Christ, but he told us that in the last days there will be some who say "Lord, Lord" and he will say "I never knew you" which is really to say... "You never knew me, and you didn't really ever want to." No wonder Paul has tears in his eyes. It is a sad fact that too many people in the pews, don't even know that they don't know Christ. How can we open their eyes, hearts, and minds?

No comments: