Sunday, August 22, 2010

Blind Trust

John 7-9

I've always liked the story of the blind beggar whom Jesus healed on the Sabbath. His response to the questioning of the Pharisees was based on the innocent trust of a child... even though he was, in his parents words, "old enough to speak for himself." His response to who Jesus was was simple... “I don’t know whether he is a sinner, but I know this: I was blind, and now I can see!” Just enough simplicity to get the Pharisee's riled up. But if that wasn't enough for the Pharisees, they decided to try one more approach asking him how Jesus had healed him. His response was to offer total naiveté... asking if they wanted to become his disciple too. It was too much for the Pharisees, and they kicked him out of the synagogue... can't have any truth seekers messing up there tidy church. How often does that happen today?

No comments: