Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What's My Mission

Bible Readings... Luke 10
Highlighted Verse... Luke 10:4b - And don’t stop to greet anyone on the road.
Thoughts... Jesus has just commissioned 72 other disciples to go out to all the towns and places he planned to visit and pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest and ask Him to send more workers, but NOT to stop and greet anyone on the road.
How it impressed me... At first glance this seems almost unChristian, surely Jesus wants us to greet each other and spread His word, but that would miss the point entirely. Jesus had a very specific mission that he sent these 72 men on. He needed them to go to some very specific places that he would soon be visiting and pray for more workers. When we try to choose our own mission, we move away from God and the mission that He has for us... no matter how much our own mission may seem to be godly, if it is contrary to the mission He has sent us on, it is sin.
My response to God... Dear Lord, Help me to set aside my goals, my purpose, my will and accept the mission that you have sent me on. Help me to clearly see, understand, and obey your will and your mission for me. Help me to view my circumstances from your perspective... to accept your promises... and claim your provisions to further your kingdom here on earth.

No comments: